This privacy notice applies to DDM Agriculture Ltd (including when trading as Screetons Agriculture) and subsidiary company JH Pickup & Co Limited
Name: DDM Agriculture Ltd
Head Office: Eastfield House, Albert Street, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 8HS
Phone Number: 01652 653669
Website: www.jhpickup.co.uk / www.ddmagriculture.co.uk
Data Controller: Giles Johnston
DDM Agriculture Ltd and its associated companies takes the confidentially and protection of your data very seriously. This privacy notice explains what personal data we hold, how we use it and your rights.
What type of information we have
The personal information we collect and process about you will depend on whether you are a client, supplier or employee and will depend on the type of service you have engaged us to deliver. The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, bank account details, employee data, IP address, which pages you visited on the website and how you accessed them.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you by either an electronic, written or verbal method. You have provided us with this data for some of the following reasons:
- To provide you with the service which you have requested
- To communicate with you about the service you provide to our business
- To fulfil our contractual obligations
- To adhere to legal obligations
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us by email, telephone or post.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have provided us in order to provide you with the service which you have requested. We may also use your information to:
- Contact you by post, email or telephone
- Verify your identity when this is required
- Process financial transactions
- Understand your needs and how they may be met
We may share some of this information with third parties so that we may fulfil our contractual obligations. In this scenario all third parties will be required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our engagement with them and in accordance with the laws. We do not allow third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How we store your information
In order to prevent unauthorised or illegal access to your data we ensure the following measures are in place and regularly reviewed:
- All our systems have appropriate security in place that complies with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
- All staff with access to your information have a duty of confidentiality and receive regular training regarding GDPR and inhouse systems and procedures.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it in line with statutory and professional rules of retention and our data retention policy. In the majority of cases this will be 6 years from the closure of your contract. Data will be disposed of in line with our data disposal policy.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you ever need to contact us or make a request regarding your data please use one of the following methods:
Tel: 01652 653669
DDM Agriculture Ltd, Eastfield House, Albert Street, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 8HS
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is regularly reviewed. The updated version will always appear on our website or a paper copy may be obtained from our Brigg office.
This notice was last updated on 16th January 2019.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113